Never Give Up

Monday, December 10, 2012

I'm Back

So after taking some time off of blogging and working out, I am back. We have gone through so much as a family these past two months. With all the stress I was under I wasn't making good choices and losing weight was very difficult. I ended up gaining back 20 pounds in a matter of weeks and then added some extra on. Its very hard knowing that I am back where I started but it is my own fault and I just have to suck it up and start again.

My husband is on the right track, he is going to all of his therapy appointments but things are really hard. I am not going to lie, PTSD sucks. What hurts me the most is knowing that my husbands dreams of becoming a police officer, just flew out the door. That was his 5 year goal, to buy a home and become a police officer. My heart breaks for him, he is struggling so hard to not push us further than he has. One of the things with PTSD is that they feel so alone and even though they have family from all directions supporting them, they push them further and further to be alone.

I ordered a book tonight, I read a review off of the website and I just knew I had to get it. I really hope this helps me understand PTSD without the doctors terminology. I need to understand everything that I possibly can to help him. I wish I could do more, its just so hard.






Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment